For Christmas last year our girls received passes to our local amusement park Kings Island. Located in Mason Ohio, about 25 minutes north of Cincinnati. We have visited a few times here and there over that past 10+ years, but with small children, we just never felt that we could go. With a now 11, 8 and 4 year old we thought this would be a great time to grab our Gold passes and spend the summer riding rides, eating junk food and getting wet at the new water park! We did just that and more!
My hubby had 2 weeks of vacation this year, one in February and one again in October, so a summer vacation was out of the question! So we planned our summer with FREE movies at the theater, FREE bowling days, park visits, swimming at grandma’s and craft activities at home. We threw in a few days that we thought we would head to Kings Island, but by summer ends we realized that we had visited Kings Island 21 times! So needless to say our girls had fun!
With more than 50 rides and attractions in the main park and more than 30 water rides, it’s hard not to have a good time! There is something for everyone! My new favorite has to be Wind Seeker and Diamond Back. Our 2 oldest girls love Diamond Back now that they are both tall enough to ride it! Our 4 year old loves Boo Blasters and my hubby loves anything that doesn’t make him sick!!!
Our family favorite Soak City water ride is the Zoom Flume. The line was always really long for this so until a couple weeks ago we had not rode it. But we just happened to snag a day that rain was heading in and the lines started dwindling so we jumped in and rode it right as it started to sprinkle. It was great! Everyone in our family was tall enough to ride it, which make it even better, but it was like riding a raft down a twisting river! This weekend is the last weekend that Soak City will be open for this season!
Planet Snoopy is of course our 4 years old favorite part of the park, even if our big kids won’t admit they love it as well! She not only gets to ride most every ride, she gets to see all the fun characters from the Peanuts Gang!
With rides like Surf Dog, Woodstock Express, The Great Pumpkin Coaster, Linus Launcher and many more, any little one will have fun riding these larger than life attractions!
The only attraction so far that we have not had a chance to visit is the Dinosaurs Alive! It has more that 60 life like dinosaurs on 12+ acres of forest, you get a up close picture of how dinosaurs move, eat and interacted! It is an additional $5 per person to visit this attraction!
There is even a mobile app that you can use to navigate through the park! Our 4 year old is a pro at this app! She can tell you where every ride is and how tall you have to be to ride each ride. It actually has been a great addition to our trips! With our 4 year old only being 43 inches, there are a lot of rides she can not ride just yet. So she gets to man the navigation through the park to keep her busy when our older girls are riding something she is too small for. She even tells people standing next to us all about the ride we are waiting in line for from this app! She thinks she is their spokes person apparently!
Don’t forget to Register your Kings Island pass to earn great FREEbies and deals at Fun Perks. Just for registering our Gold Passes we received FREE drink wrist bracelets- we were able to get FREE drinks the entire day. The more you shop at Kings Island the more perks you receive and it is FREE to register! Do remember to use all of your perks for this season since they do not roll over season to season!
Tips To Know When Visiting:
- Grab a Cup of Water- Kings Island offers guests a FREE cup of ice water at any food service location during your visit.
- You Can Leave & Come Back- If you prefer to visit Kings Island and then head out for lunch or back to your hotel or home for a nap (we did this a few times with little ones) then you are more than welcome to! Be sure to get your hand stamped when you leave for re-admittance for the same day!
- Don’t Bring Your Own Food- You are not permitted to bring food and drinks into the park. There are several great places to eat at the park but with a family of 5, it was a little expensive. But remember they offer FREE water and allow you to leave if you need to, to go out to eat.
- Bring Your Dog- Don’t want to leave Fido at home while at the park? Stop by the Pet Care Center at the front gate entrance and pay $20. Enjoy the park while Kings Island Pet Care Center tends to your dog!
- Want to Smoke- There are designated area’s throughout the park to allow you to take a smoke break if you want. This also allows those of us that don’t smoke to have a smoke free experience.
- Child Safety- There are several services that Kings Island offers to help those parents with small children. Parent Swap- allows only 1 parent to have to stand in line for themselves and a small child. Keeping the little ones happy with the other parent without everyone having to stand in long lines. You will need to stop by the Guest Service Center to get a Parent Swap Pass. They also have Kid Track- a service to help reconnect a lost child with their parent quickly! Stop by the Guest Service Center for full detail.
- Get Your Child Measured- There are several height measurement stations through out the park. This Kings Island employee will measure your child and place a bracelet on their wrist announcing their height. This is great for those little ones that are just above the next level of height requirements. This bracelet will get them through the line quicker. It allows the employee running that attraction to quickly know how tall the child is without having to stop loading others and measure your child!
- Rain Rain Go Away- If you visit Kings Island and it begins to rain, find shelter until it passes. Kings Island does not offer refunds or another ticket for bad weather!
- Lockers Are Available- If you are heading to the Soak City especially you will most likely have a bag full of items with you that you may not want to tote around all day. They have several size lockers to accommodate your belongs. Soak City lockers do offer a discount if you use the lockers after 5pm!
- In A Hurry, Grab A Fast Lane Pass- Kings Island does offer a Fast Lane pass for select attractions for an additional fee. We have never purchased one, so I honestly have no idea how expensive they are. But if you are short on time and want to by pass long lines then it may be worth the extra cash!
- Stay Near By- There are several hotels to stay at that are literally walking distance from the park. Great Wolf Lodge has it’s very own walking path directly to Kings Island.
- Enjoy Your Visit- Even though we have been 21 times already this year, we still have a great time each visit. There are always things that we just don’t get to and plan to accomplish it on our next visit. These trips with your family will be memories your little ones will remember their whole lives if you make it a fun trip! So head to Kings Island for some old fashion family fun!
This post was not sponsored by Kings Island or Cedar Fair in any way. This post in 100% my own opinion to help inform you of a local attraction that my family loves!