October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and General Mills has teamed up with the Komen Organization to help raise funds. Our family has been drastically changed due to cancer overcoming several of our family members. Finding a cure is something we pray for everyday.
Check out below all the details about how your everyday purchases and your personal stories will help those battling cancer.
- Visit PinkTogether.com to share your personal story and messages of hope and read about others’ personal journeys. To encourage personal connections, General Mills will donate $1 to the Komen organization for each Message of Hope that is sent to someone who has shared their story on PinkTogether.com (up to $25,000) during October. This is in addition to a $2 million donation General Mills is making to the Komen organization.
- This year, for the first time in its five-year history, at PinkTogether.com consumers can choose how $1 million of this donation will be shared between two important Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, and Prevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Visit PinkTogether.com from September 19, 2011 through April 14, 2012 to make your choice. Results will be announced on Mother’s Day 2012 – Sunday, May 13.
- Meet the 2011 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors, and hear their amazing stories of courage and survival on PinkTogether.com and the Pink Together YouTube Channel.
- General Mills will also be turning the packaging of participating products pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
Now you have a chance to win a Pink Together Prize Pack!
Win It: Pink Together Prize Pack (see below what will be included in the prize pack)
- A 16 oz. box of Total Cereal
- VIP coupons valid for one box of Cheerios and Multigrain Cheerios cereal and one cup of Yoplait yogurt
- Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook Pink Together Edition, which includes a collection of more than 150 delicious recipes with complete nutrition information and a 32-page Pink Together Survivor Ambassador bonus section that shares inspirational personal stories of survival as well as recipes
- Water bottle and removable silicone awareness bracelet
- Drawstring sport backpack
- Rhinestone ear buds
(Make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry, along with your email address)
- Tell us how you or someone in your life has been effected by cancer?
(1 entry for each of the following, leave a separate comment for each entry….)
- Like Pink Together on Facebook and Tell them Just Trying To Save Money sent you
- Like Just Trying To Save Money on Facebook
- Follow Just Trying To Save Money on Twitter
- Subscribe To Just Trying To Save Money via email (must confirm)
- Like Saving Toward A Better Life on Facebook and Tell them Just Trying To Save Money sent you
- Like Madame Deals on Facebook and tell them Just Trying To Save Money sent you
- Like Stretching Your Budget on Facebook and tell them Just Trying To Save Money sent you
This Giveaway will end Monday October 31, 2011 at 11:59pm Eastern Time and is open to US residents only who are 18 years old or older. 1 winner will be picked randomly. Once the winner is picked, I will email them notifying them that they won! They will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Good Luck!!