Heading Back To School each year causes a lot of people a lot of headache. Finding the school supplies, clothes, getting haircuts, new shoes, school physicals, and so on is time consuming, not to mention heavy on the wallet! This doesn’t always allow a lot of time to price check and make sure you are getting the best deal. Here are a couple apps I use to find the best deal on things I need to get my kiddos ready to head back to school and save me time and money!
- ShopSavvy: ShopSavvy is a great tool, and allows you to scan the barcode of a product to search for it online, see prices at local stores and online retailers, and even load up your ShopSavvy “wallet” with cash so you can purchase directly through the app.
- PriceGrabber: PriceGrabber allows you to comparison shop and focuses on online merchants instead of local stores, but it can tell you if a product is available online for less than you’re ready to pay in your local retail store.
- Cheap Text Books: Find the lowest local and online book prices including Rental, Used, eBook, New and International. We also show you the best prices to sell back textbooks. Your phone camera becomes a barcode scanner for quick results. Rent or Buy directly from the app or email the results to yourself, parents or others in your address book. Compare college textbook prices anywhere on your Android device to find the cheap sources.
- RedLaser: RedLaser lets you scan barcodes or search by typing in a product’s name to compare prices. Local results are sorted by proximity rather than price, but scroll through to find the cheapest deals.
- Price Check by Amazon: Try this free price-check app, which lets you search by scanning a barcode, snapping a picture or saying or typing in the product name. This app only checks prices on Amazon.