I am a list maker- I love that feeling of completing something and being able to mark it off my list! So each year I sit down and make a list of things I would like to accomplish through out the year for my family, friends, blog, etc. So here is what I want to accomplish this year- what are your plans this year?
Personally I want to:
- Lose some weight to be able to start running- maybe even run a mini marathon!! I have never been a runner, but have always played sports! I still play softball and love it, but feel very out of shape and need to get more fit and healthy!
- Go to bed no later than 10pm and get up no later than 6pm. This will give me the opportunity to accomplish so many tasks before my kiddos get up for school! In that hour before I wake up our oldest daughter (7am) I could get at least one load of laundry done, dogs outside and fed and maybe even a post or 2 up on the blog!!
With the Hubby I want to:
- Have at least one date night with the hubby each month! We sat down the other night and realized that we had only been out together without the kiddos 3 times this year. We love our girls and really love spending time with them, but sometimes it is nice to have a night out with just the 2 of us! Keep an eye out, I have a whole plan and list of nights out with the hubby to share!
- Plan and accomplish one weekend getaway for just the 2 of us! We have never done this since having kiddos and I almost feel guilty even wanting it! But not having to pack 12 bags, create a list of activities to keep the kiddos busy, have coolers and bags filled with snacks, and so on would be a nice break!
With the kiddos I want to:
- Plan and accomplishing one night out each month with one of the girls! With all the activities we have and busy schedules, we get very little one on one time with the girls. We do have activities that we do at home that our oldest daughter may think is too kiddish or something that our youngest is just not able to do. But for the most part we do everything all together. I would love to take them each out individually just with me or the hubby, and do something that they want to do!
- Read more books together as a family. Our girls are very active readers, especially for school but I would love to find books that we could all enjoy together!
- Continue our Family Game Nights! Some weeks it gets very busy and our game night get placed on the back burner. I would like them to be added to the schedule just as we do other events and activities to make sure they get accomplished each week!
- Start writing journals with the girls! I had read somewhere a few months ago that this mother had a notebook for each child and she or her hubby would write their child a note each week and then the child would respond back. These notes could be about anything, how their day was, what they did at school, what they want to do, questions they have, etc. Not only is this great to keep your kiddo active in their writing skills, but will keep them talking to you and telling them about what is going on!
With Friends I want to:
- Get back to monthly get togethers with my girl friends! We were doing very good with this and meeting up at least once a month, but then life gets in the way and makes it hard! So I want to make sure I really push for us to all find a few hours a month to meet up and have a little girl time!
With our home I want to:
- Get our home organized and back in order. You can check out my 52 Weeks to a Organized & Clutter FREE House 2013- My New Year’s Resolution! to see all what I have planned!
- Get our home ready to sell! When we bought our home our plan was to stay 5 years and find something bigger. Well we have been here 7 and a half years and now realizing that we have no more space and have completely outgrown this house. There was just 4 of us when we bought it, now there is 5 plus 2 dogs and we are using every inch of this house! So I have made a pretty extensive plan to get our home ready for re-sell and hope to do so in the next year and half to two years. This means you may see more DIY or remodeling projects here on the blog. So please let me know what you think!!
Financially I want to:
- Save, Save, Save! We have full intentions to sell this home, which means a few up-grades as well as a down payment for a new home. So I plan to find more new ways to save, make a little extra cash and be even more frugal!
With the Blog I want to:
- Continue to grow & keep my readers coming back! I really love what I do and the only way I know that I am doing the best job is by seeing the increase traffic and new readers to my blog. But it also means I see my oldest and dearest readers come back everyday looking for the latest deal, frugal living tip or just to say hi! I had no intentions when starting this blog to ever make a career out of it! But when you find something you love to do, find something that allows you the flexibility to stay home with my kiddos and to work with such great readers and fellow bloggers, what else would I want!