Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head Bibb or Romaine lettuce or Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Heat oil in sautÃ© pan; add ginger, celery and carrots. Stir and sautÃ© for 5-7 minutes until slightly soft. Add tofu, soy sauce and seasoning and stir, cooking for 10 minutes. Add a bit of water in teaspoon increments if tofu is sticking to pan.
Remove from heat, spoon into lettuce leaves, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, roll and enjoy.
Make a spicy peanut dipping sauce by mixing together:
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup tamari
1-2 tablespoons Sriracha or chili sauce
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
juice of one lime
2 tablespoons sesame oil
* You can trade out garlic for ginger or omit completely and substitute sunflower butter for peanut allergies.
Thanks! Organic Authority