This week’s recipe is for yummy Pulled Pork using Madame Deals favorite crockpot pork recipe using boneless sirloin tip roast from Costco. Your house will smell like heaven on Earth with this super recipe and the most important thing for a working mom is that it is super easy to prepare.
Part One Ingredients:
- 3lb pork roast
- ½ c apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Dash of pepper
Part Two Ingredients:
- Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 C water
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Put the pork roast, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic and a dash of pepper in the crockpot. Add enough water to cover pork. Cook on low overnight.
- In the morning, pour off the cooking juices. Pork should be tender and easy to shred. Shred pork with forks.
- Put shredded meat back in the crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to shredded meat starting with the BBQ Sauce.
- Cook on the lowest setting until dinner time. You can add seasonings or BBQ sauce to taste depending in your family’s preferences.
If you want to try this recipe, make sure to check out Costco’s “In The Warehouse“. They currently have $2 Off Coupon on Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast until 10/16/11. We recommend that you also check out PorkBeInspired.com to learn about pork cuts and cooking methods.
Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
Want more recipes? Check out Crock Pot Cookbook: 440 Slow Cooker Recipes