When I first started using coupons and building my stockpile, I had no idea when to buy products or when to ever expect them to go on sale. After a good year of this, I started tracking what went on sale when and quickly learned when to buy the products that my family needed.
My stock-up price is when an item is 75% off regular price and for the most part everything we buy goes on sale every 3-4 months. But there are products that only go on sale certain times of the year and become extremely cheaper compared to normal. So I thought I would share with you some items that you should stock up on and get the lowest price on during the month of February!
- National Snack Food Month
- National Can Food Month
- Jell-O Week (2nd week) is also on February
- Valentine’s Day
- Black History Month
- President’s Day
- National Hot Breakfast Month
- Chinese New Year
- Valentine’s Day Items- the day after Valentine’s Day stores will mark down all Valentine’s day items and candy, within a few days they will be practically giving the stuff away, this is the time to stock up for next year. Especially on items like Valentine’s Day Cards- with 3 kiddos in school and all of them exchanging cards, they can get expensive at $3-$4 each box. I wait til they hit the clearance shelf and pick them up for around .25 a box. This way I can grab 4-5 boxes so our girls can pick and choose which ones they want to give out, plus this allows me to send in extra with our girls for class mates that may not have any to exchange!!
- Can Food Items- With it being National Can Food Month, you will see a lot of these items dropping in price, stock up on the can food you need!
- Breakfast Foods- Waffles, Cereal & Pop Tarts are all on sale as well as oatmeal and sometimes sausage or bacon
- Chinese Food- Foods that are Chinese inspired- Soy Sauce, Noodles, etc
- February Fruit- Strawberries
- February Veggies- Asparagus and Potatoes
- Adult Romance Products- Romance is in the air in February, but after Valentine’s Day, no one is buying this stuff any more. So stock up on all the unmentionable love products (KY, etc) that will quickly be hitting the clearance racks after V-Day!
- Exercise & Healthy/Diet Items- Everyone has broken their New Year’s resolution to exercise more and eat better, meaning stores are left with stuff no one is buying any more. Stock up on protein bars for the kiddos soccer games, buy that new treadmill you wanted but couldn’t swallow the regular price tag that came with or find some cute workout outfits!
- Super Bowl Items- Now that all the hype of the Super Bowl is over, you can grab some really inexpensive football accessories and football inspired kitchen accessories!