Even though our Disney vacation is 6 months away, I feel that it will be here before we know. I want to make sure we have everything covered well in advance and one thing that comes to mind with our 3 food monsters, is how to afford meals while on vacation.
One thing we are planning to purchase this time around to Disney is a Orlando Family Pack Discount Card from Kids Eat FREE Card! If you have never heard of Kids Eat FREE Card, here is the run down:
- Purchase 1 discount card per child ages 11 and under ($20 each)
- Receive one FREE kids meal for each full price paying adult
- To use present the card to the server or cashier at time of ordering
- Valid at only participating restaurants- restaurants may be removed from accepting card offer without prior notice
- Kids Eat Free Card cannot be used with any other discounts or offer
- 2 children with 2 Kids Eat Free Cards, will need 2 full price paying adult entree’s
- Kids Eat Free Card offers child’s menu items that may vary from standard restaurant’s child menu choices in some cases
- Kids Eat Free Card Meals may not apply to taxes, gratuities, bar drinks or carry out food
- Card is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable
- Card expires 90 Days from first use
I know the first question you are going to ask is, why spend $20 per child to get FREE kids meals when there are other ways to save, right? Well spending this additional cost will depend on a few things and may not be a good option for every family!
- First, what is the age of your child? Our oldest will be 12 so she will not be able to use this card, but our 2 younger daughters will be 9 and 5 when we head to Disney. So knowing that we can get 2 kids meals for FREE every when we eat at our favorite fast food places for our 2 youngest will be well worth the $20.
- Second, is your going to eat a whole kids meal? My girls have bottomless pits so eating a full meal will be no problem for them. But if you have a child that eats very little or is a very picky eater, it may be easier to just allow your child to eat a smaller portion of your meal rather than give them a whole kids meal- saving you the $20 bucks.
- Next, are you planning to eat out more than 4 times? If you are planning to cook all your meals at your rental house or from your hotel some how, this is probably not something you will want to purchase. But if you are planning to eat most of your meals at local restaurants, fast food places or at Disney, then you may want to consider purchasing this card.
- Last, will you really save with this card? So I did a quick estimate of how many times we will eat out while on vacation. We do plan to eat most breakfast and a few lunches at our rental home, but we will have most dinners out! So with just one child eating out at a place like Cici’s Pizza, which is on their very long list of fast food locations, you will save $5 per child, per visit. So say during our 7 day visit, if we eat out more than 4 times, we are saving money on our youngest daughters meals. So this will depend on how many times you plan to eat out and how long you plan to stay if this card will be a great deal for your family!
This card may not be for everyone, but for us, knowing we will not pay but just $40 for 2 of our girls to eat for the week, is a huge savings for us! I will of course have my coupon book with me and we will have plenty of food to snack on and eat throughout the day, but saving while eating out will help us keep our Disney Vacation on Budget!