I absolutely love this new recipe I found at The Food Network by Paula Deen- Strawberry Triffle! It is easy to make and only took about 25 minutes to whip up!
- Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in quarters
- Whole fresh strawberries for garnish
- Slice angel food cake into 3 horizontal equal layers.
For the custard:
- Mix together cream cheese, condensed milk, and whipped topping in a bowl; set aside.
For the glaze:
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, gelatin and water. Cook on medium stirring until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Fold in strawberries into glaze mix.
Add 1 layer of cake in a large clear glass container. Add a layer of glaze, then a layer of custard mixture. Repeat layering in this order until all ingredients are used. Top dessert with 3 sliced in half fresh strawberries.