Each week Momondealz brings us a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Easter is quickly approaching so the next couple of weeks will be Easter Crafts. If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page. If you enjoy these crafts, please be sure to share them on Pinterest
Homemade Easter Basket
Decor of your choice (depends on theme of your basket)
Glue or Mod Podge
1. Cut the lid of your box off.
2. Paint the box in the color you desire. You can also cover it in construction paper if you don’t have paint (this would work better at covering any letters on the box).
3. Next we added the red lines of Thomas because I knew the face would be pasted over them.
4. Create the “face” of your Easter basket. My son chose Thomas so I cut and drew it, and he was able to color it and add the googly eyes.
5. Add the remaining features or characteristics of your character. We made wheels and the number 1 for Thomas and added those.
6. Create a handle. I originally had Will paint the lid of the box but the color red was off so we decided to just fold a piece of card-stock several times and this made it pretty stable. I suggest using cardboard for best results, we just ruined ours by painting it the wrong red.
7. Fill with grass and eggs or gifts/candy.
Some ideas to fill the basket: