With Easter right around the corner, I have been stocking up on items to add to our girls Easter Baskets! If you are like me, buying pre-made baskets seem like a waste of money for 2 reasons! It is usually cheap junk, that lasts a whole week and they are usually pretty pricey for the small amount of items you get.
Although the picture above is a super cute basket, $38 is a little too much to spend on 1 basket, multiply this by 3 (we have 3 girls) and we have spent way too much!! Plus now we have added 2 puppy babies to our house and our girls are asking if the Easter Bunny will be bringing the puppies anything! Yikes, I need a part time job just to be able to afford Easter gifts!! Although they still know the true meaning of Easter it’s just like Christmas, they want fun stuff to play with!
I like to find things that I know my girls will enjoy and use for a while and are within our budget! Here is a list of items that we have put in our kiddos Easter Baskets over the years!
Items from your stockpile:
- Crayons- we have some left over from the back to school deals
- Gum- older kiddos would love this!
- FREE Candy- CVS is always running sales on candy, so we have a whole drawer of items we can add to our girls baskets
- Clothes- I have a tote full of clothes that I have found on clearance at Target, Old Navy or Justice that I have held onto for either Birthday’s, Easter or Valentine’s Day.
- Glue Sticks
Dollar Store Ideas:
- Jump Ropes
- Colored Pencils
- Coloring Books
- Bubble Bath
- Head Bands or Hair Accessories
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Scrapbook Supplies- stamps, scissors, stencils, etc
- Dress up accessories- necklaces, shoes, etc
- Hot Wheels Cars
- Action Figurines or Army Men
- Crayola Silly Putty
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Cookie Set
- Webkinz Polar Bear
- Playskool Musical Activity Ball and Gear Center
- Sagaform Kids Gardening Tool Set
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
- Dork Diaries 3 1/2: How to Dork Your Diary
- Rainbow Fish A,B,C
- The Berenstain Bears and the Truth
- Happy Easter, Mouse! (If You Give…)
- Make up some Bath Paint with Shaving Cream
- Grab some super cheap Flip Flops from a local craft store or dollar store and decorate them. Add glitter, gems, bows, whatever you think your little one would like.
- Make a batch of Edible Play-doh and put them in cute jars. Tie a few cookie cutters to the jars and a mini rolling pin for the dollar store!
- Personalize a T-shirt– there are many places you can create a one of a kind t-shirt just for your kiddos! Vistaprint has one for just $2!
- Sand Box Toys & Accessories
- Hula Hoops
- Nail Polish or Girl Accessories (lip gloss, chapstick, etc)
- Flip Flops or Sandals
- Movie Passes
- Coupons for Days out with Mom or Dad or skip a chore pass, be creative!
What items do you add to your kiddos Easter Baskets?