Are you addicted to Pinterest? Well I am and I know most of my friends are!! You can follow me here, if you are already on Pinterest! If you are not familiar with Pinterest, here is the run down!
- What is Pinterest? – Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. The way I have explained it to my friends and family is this- if you are like me, when you are reading a magazine and you see something you love, want to try or want to buy, you tear it out and put it on the refrigerator or in a box. Pinterest is the same idea, only now you are tearing out pages from the internet and pinning them to your online boards. You can create boards for anything- planning a wedding, planning a birthday party, home decorating ideas, craft ideas, the ideas are endless!!
- What is a Pin? – A pin is an image added to your Pinterest boards. A pin can be added from a website using the Pin It button, or you can upload images from your computer or smart phone. Each pin added using the Pin It button links back to the site it came from. You can also re-pin others pins to your boards as well!
- How do I pin something? – Install the “Pin It” button to your toolbar on your computer, making pinning things you love easy and quick!
- Follow others Boards- You can follow others pins to see what great things they find!
- How To Become a Pinner? – Pinterest is currently invite only, so ask a friend to send you an invite so you can start finding great projects, recipes, products and much more!
There are a few rules that you will want to follow while on Pinterest according to Pinterest:
Be Nice- no rude behavior, mean comments or distasteful conversations!
Credit The Sources- give credit where it’s due. Try and add information about where you are pinning a particular image from and a link back.
Avoid Self Promotion- Although you are allowed to pin images or projects that you have completed yourself, Pinterest is not the place to only pin yours and yours only! Share the love and pin others as well!
Report Inappropriate Content- Nudity or Hateful Content is not acceptable and should be reported as soon as possible!
If you are not already on Pinterest, you can send me an email and I can send you an invite! justtryingtosavemoney at yahoo.com