Every year I say that we need to get our friends and family together to host a traditional Cookie Exchange! But as it gets closer to Christmas, everyone is so busy and seems to have a hard time fitting in a few ours to get together and bake dozens of cookies! We all needed something that was quick and easy! Well this year I was super excited to get offered a chance to throw a Chex Party Mix-Change!
Chex Party Mix-Exchange is easy to throw together! Simply invite some friends and family over for a party and ask everyone to make enough of their favorite Chex Party Mix recipe to exchange with party guests. Taste, mix, swap, and share the recipes, putting the treats in easy DIY packages for everyone to take home. Below is one of the recipes we used at our party with a few friends!
6 cups Rice Chex® cereal
1 cup white vanilla baking chips (8 oz)
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup red and green candy-coated chocolate candies
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or waxed paper. Place 3 cups cereal in large bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour melted chips over cereal in bowl; stir to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on one of the cookie sheets. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
2. Repeat the above using the remaining cereal and the peanut butter chips; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
3. Gently break up coated cereal into large bowl. Add candy and peanuts; stir gently to combine. Store in airtight container.Our girls wanted to label each box so that when guests went home they knew what they were getting!
These five Chex Party Mix recipes are just some of the fabulous 15 minute recipes that can be found at ChexPartyMix.com.
- Original Chex Party Mix – A tried and true classic of many holiday gatherings.
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast – Is there really a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? Yes, when Chex cereal is added!
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch – Mix things up and try this mouthwatering alternative to the beloved holiday pie.
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix – A combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix.
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles – Melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes.
Now you can win your very own Chex Mix Party Prize Pack and a $20 Gift Card to use to buy supplies – thanks to Chex and MyBlogSpark!
Win It: Chex Mix Party Prize Pack which includes:
- 2 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes
- 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
- 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
- $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
(Make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Tell me how you would plan to freshin’ up the traditional cookie swap for your Chex Party Mix-Change?
(1 entry for each of the following, leave a separate comment for each entry….)
- Like Chex on Facebook
- Like Just Trying To Save Money on Facebook
- Follow Just Trying To Save Money on Twitter
- Subscribe To Just Trying To Save Money via email (must confirm)
This Giveaway will end Wednesday December 28, 2011 at 11:59pm Eastern Time and is open to US residents only who are 18 years old or older. 1 winner will be picked randomly. Once the winner is picked, I will email them notifying them that they won! They will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Good Luck!!