One way we save money in our house is to pack our kids lunches rather than buying school lunches. With all 3 of our girls attending school this year, packing lunches most of the week is going to be the most cost effective way for us to feed our girls. So I thought I would share with you some recipes I find to spice up our girls lunches! So each Friday, keep an eye for a new recipe for your kiddos lunchbox!
This weeks Friday Lunchbox Recipe:
MAC & CHEESE SOUP
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in peas and carrots, macaroni from packaged mix (reserving cheese packet), salt and pepper. Return to a boil, cover loosely, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including reserved cheese packet. Reduce heat to medium, cover loosely, and simmer 10 minutes, or until hot and creamy, stirring occasionally