Mr Food is offering you a FREE E-Cookbook with 28 Slow Cooker Recipes! Snag recipes for Meatballs, Chili’s, Appetizers and much more, anything that you want to cook in a slow cooker! I have included just one of the recipes below that you can snag with this FREE E-Cookbook!
Thick and chunky chili is the heartiest kind, and Slow-Cooked Chili proves it. You’ll feel like a pioneer when you enjoy this recipe for dinner or lunch.
Cooking Time: 5 hr
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- In a 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine all the ingredients except the salsa; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting for 5 to 5-1/2 hours, or on low setting for 8 to 9 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the salsa; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.
- Top off each bowl of chili with any or all of these: shredded Cheddar cheese, diced onion, and a dollop of sour cream.